Insurance Terms Hostile Fire
In insurance law a combustion that cannot be controlled that escapes from where it was initially set and confined or one that was not intended to exist.
Insurance terms hostile fire. Fire combustion sufficient to produce a spark flame or glow and which is hostile as opposed to friendly i e not in the place where it is intended to be such as in a furnace fire insurance coverage for loss of or damage to a building and or contents due to fire. The insurance is designed to cover fortuitous loss which the hostile fire is. Unfriendly fire not confined to its normal habitat. Property contracts protect against damage from a hostile fire not from damage from fire in the fireplace its normal habitat.
Hostile fire definition an unintentional fire from which any resulting loss can be claimed as an insurance liability opposed to friendly fire. For example fire in the fireplace leaps onto the sofa. Likewise a fire that becomes much hotter than it is supposed to be or that cannot be extinguished is hostile even if it never spreads from the location where it was intentionally kindled. However property insurance written on an all risks basis does cover damage from a friendly fire since there is no exclusion for such damage.
The courts have generally held that property insurance written on a named perils basis does not cover damage done by a friendly fire. A fire that becomes uncontrollable or expands outside its intended boundaries. Contrast with hostile fire. For example a fire set intentionally to burn brush becomes hostile if it spreads to other property.
Assuming that your homeowner s insurance policy provides protection for losses caused by fire which most do the results of a hostile fire would be covered by the policy subject to its terms and conditions. A hostile fire differs from a friendly fire which burns in a place where it was intended to burn such as one confined to a fireplace or furnace. For example a fire set intentionally to burn brush becomes hostile if it spreads to other property. Likewise a fire that becomes much hotter than it is supposed to be or that cannot be extinguished is hostile even if it never spreads from the location where it was intentionally kindled.
A fire that becomes uncontrollable or expands outside its intended boundaries. Hostile fire a fire that becomes uncontrollable or expands outside its intended boundaries.
Http Www Independentagent Com Education Webinars Siteassets Pages Live Webinars Horrible 20policy 20forms 20 20handout Pdf Mobile 1 Source Education Webinars Layouts Mobile View Aspx List 229798e8 D5f7 4d01 9763 507842f6cfff View 9267703f F92c 4b8a Bab9 76a32575445b Rootfolder 2feducation 2fwebinars 2fsiteassets 2fpages 2flive Webinars Currentpage 1
- Do You Need Health Insurance In California
- Health Insurance Companies Jamaica
- Erie Insurance Alton Il
- Do You Need Mortgage Insurance With Fha
- Health Insurance Benefit Verification Form
- Do You Need National Insurance Number To Open Bank Account
- Home Insurance Companies Reviews And Ratings
- Health Insurance Questions Deductible
- Health Insurance Stocks India
- Free Breast Pump Through Insurance
- Do You Need Car Insurance To Drive
- Do You Need Mortgage Insurance
- Find The Insurance Policy Number
- Do You Need Mortgage Insurance And Homeowners Insurance
- Health Insurance Open Enrollment Blue Cross
- Health Insurance Waiver Form Irs
- Erie Insurance Fairview Heights Il
- Farmers Insurance Yes Test
- Hanover Insurance Umbrella Policy
- General Insurance Companies In Vietnam