Car Insurance Group Numbers Explained
There are 50 different car insurance groups those in insurance group no 1 are the cheapest cars to insure while those in insurance group 50 are the most expensive.
Car insurance group numbers explained. Car insurance groups are broadly set by the group rating panel and administered by thatcham research. The association of british insurers abi determine a car s insurance group. 3 a group number from 1 50 is assigned which car insurance companies use to help set the price of your quote. Use our interactive tool to find out your vehicle s insurance group.
An insurance group is a method to determine the cost of insuring your car based on which group they re assigned to. A group one vehicle would be in the lowest insurance group group 50 the highest. Find out which insurance group your car is in. Uk car insurance groups explained.
Car insurance groups explained. 1 independent testing company thatcham puts new cars through their paces. 2 impact performance damage costs repairability theft prevention and other factors are tested. The groups range from 1 to 50 with the lower groups being the cheaper option to insure.
Whereas cars with a group 50 insurance rating pose a high level of risk for example expensive super cars that are costly to repair could fall into this group. The cost of insuring your car will be influenced by a number of factors one of which is the insurance group that your vehicle falls into. E exceeds the security requirement for a car of this type and the group rating has been reduced so a group 10 car that exceeds the standard is listed as a 9e. 1 is cheaper 50 is pricey.
Find out more about the way car insurance groups are decided and how the decision affects car insurance premiums. Enter your registration to find out where your car sits. Where security has been rated the insurance group number from 1 to 50 is followed by a letter which shows the results of the assessment. The association of british insurers decides your car s insurance group from 1 to 50.
Members of the abi and lloyds market association lma make up the group rating panel which meets every month to set new car models to an insurance group. What do they mean for you and your car. These insurance groups range from group 1 the cheapest cars to insure all the way up to group 50 the most expensive. Every car in the uk is allocated an insurance group to help insurers work out the cost of cover running from 1 cheapest premiums to 50 highest.
- Cheap Insurance Companies In California
- Are Insurance Companies Essential In Michigan
- Do You Need Boat Insurance In Ontario
- Do Insurance Companies Make Profit
- Car Insurance Covid 19 Refund Uk
- Auto Insurance Companies Nashville Georgia
- Business Insurance Companies London
- Car Insurance Companies Orangeburg South Carolina
- A Patient S Group Insurance Number Written On The Patient Information Or Update Form Must Match
- Biggest Insurance Companies In The Uk
- Car Insurance Lawyer Toronto
- Allstate Insurance Near Me Hours
- Adirondack Insurance Exchange New York
- Cranial Technologies Insurance Department
- Binder Of Insurance In Spanish
- Can Insurance Companies Deny A Claim
- Car Insurance Companies Near Me
- Car Insurance Rates By City In Massachusetts
- Dental Insurance Open Enrollment Period
- Best Auto Insurance Companies In Quebec