Car Insurance Group Numbers Explained
1 is cheaper 50 is pricey.
Car insurance group numbers explained. The association of british insurers decides your car s insurance group from 1 to 50. There are 50 different car insurance groups those in insurance group no 1 are the cheapest cars to insure while those in insurance group 50 are the most expensive. These insurance groups range from group 1 the cheapest cars to insure all the way up to group 50 the most expensive. Every car in the uk is allocated an insurance group to help insurers work out the cost of cover running from 1 cheapest premiums to 50 highest.
Members of the abi and lloyds market association lma make up the group rating panel which meets every month to set new car models to an insurance group. E exceeds the security requirement for a car of this type and the group rating has been reduced so a group 10 car that exceeds the standard is listed as a 9e. The groups range from 1 to 50 with the lower groups being the cheaper option to insure. Key in your reg to find out where your car sits.
While each individual insurer will use their own process to set car insurance premiums car insurance groups give a good indication of approximately how much it will cost to insure your. Find out which insurance group your car is in. Car insurance groups are broadly set by the group rating panel and administered by thatcham research. The cost of insuring your car will be influenced by a number of factors one of which is the insurance group that your vehicle falls into.
2 impact performance damage costs repairability theft prevention and other factors are tested. Where security has been rated the insurance group number from 1 to 50 is followed by a letter which shows the results of the assessment. Every make and model of car on uk roads today will have been assigned to a group based on certain criteria from the engine size to the cost of replacement parts and these are numbered from 1 to 50. An insurance group is a method to determine the cost of insuring your car based on which group they re assigned to.
Uk car insurance groups explained. The association of british insurers abi determine a car s insurance group. Whereas cars with a group 50 insurance rating pose a high level of risk for example expensive super cars that are costly to repair could fall into this group. What do they mean for you and your car.
Use our interactive tool to find out your vehicle s insurance group. Car insurance groups explained. 1 independent testing company thatcham puts new cars through their paces. Enter your registration to find out where your car sits.
- Insurance Companies Market Share In Us
- Insurance Home Repair Contractors
- Insurance Companies Using Etfs
- Insurance Embedded Value Calculation
- Insurance Endorsement En Espanol
- Insurance For Self Employed Families
- Insurance Health Care Jobs
- Insurance Insider Subscription Price
- Insurance Estimator Job Description
- Insurance Company Nurse Work From Home
- Insurance For Young Drivers In Uk
- Insurance Companies That Offer Homeowners Insurance
- Insurance Companies Listed In Bursa Malaysia
- Insurance For Home Loan Calculator
- Insurance For Home Loan Lic
- Insurance Exam Recruitment 2020
- Insurance Companies Market Share In India
- Insurance Companies With Low Rates
- Insurance In Spanish Dictionary
- Insurance For Home Loan Protection