Car Insurance Group Numbers Explained
Every make and model of car on uk roads today will have been assigned to a group based on certain criteria from the engine size to the cost of replacement parts and these are numbered from 1 to 50.
Car insurance group numbers explained. The association of british insurers decides your car s insurance group from 1 to 50. Where security has been rated the insurance group number from 1 to 50 is followed by a letter which shows the results of the assessment. Key in your reg to find out where your car sits. A group one vehicle would be in the lowest insurance group group 50 the highest.
What do they mean for you and your car. 2 impact performance damage costs repairability theft prevention and other factors are tested. Use our interactive tool to find out your vehicle s insurance group. Uk car insurance groups explained.
The groups range from 1 to 50 with the lower groups being the cheaper option to insure. 1 is cheaper 50 is pricey. Car insurance groups explained. Car insurance groups are broadly set by the group rating panel and administered by thatcham research.
An insurance group is a method to determine the cost of insuring your car based on which group they re assigned to. The association of british insurers abi determine a car s insurance group. 3 a group number from 1 50 is assigned which car insurance companies use to help set the price of your quote. The cost of insuring your car will be influenced by a number of factors one of which is the insurance group that your vehicle falls into.
1 independent testing company thatcham puts new cars through their paces. Whereas cars with a group 50 insurance rating pose a high level of risk for example expensive super cars that are costly to repair could fall into this group. E exceeds the security requirement for a car of this type and the group rating has been reduced so a group 10 car that exceeds the standard is listed as a 9e. Members of the abi and lloyds market association lma make up the group rating panel which meets every month to set new car models to an insurance group.
There are 50 different car insurance groups those in insurance group no 1 are the cheapest cars to insure while those in insurance group 50 are the most expensive. Every car in the uk is allocated an insurance group to help insurers work out the cost of cover running from 1 cheapest premiums to 50 highest. While each individual insurer will use their own process to set car insurance premiums car insurance groups give a good indication of approximately how much it will cost to insure your. Find out which insurance group your car is in.
- Do You Need National Insurance Number For Provisional Licence
- Hmo Insurance Emergency Room
- Health Insurance Stocks India
- Health Insurance For Self Employed Kentucky
- General Insurance Companies In Usa
- Do You Need Insurance To Go To Urgent Care
- Entry Level Insurance Underwriter Salary
- Erie Insurance Godfrey Il
- Group Name On Insurance Card Unitedhealthcare
- Health Insurance Open Enrollment Blue Cross
- Erie Insurance Agent Salary
- Health Insurance Companies In Dubai
- Health Insurance Companies Hiring Nurses
- Funny Insurance Agent Jokes
- Express Insurance Las Vegas
- Do You Need National Insurance Number For Driving Licence
- Health Insurance Agent Salary
- Health Insurance Companies Massachusetts
- Erie Insurance Greenville Il
- Do You Need Car Insurance In Texas